Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

What a lovely sunny day even though it's not as warm as I'd hoped for. I hope Mothers everywhere enjoy today & do whatever their hearts desire. Me....I'm just chillin'.....having a lazy day napping, reading, playing on the computer.

I'm also enjoying my thoughts from last evening when my Princess Pouty had us over for a belated birthday dinner/Mother's Day dinner. What a nice treat~not cooking dinner!! First
Princess Pouty made pasta (my favorite) with a twist~she used pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms, garlic, 3 kinds of sauce, more garlic & fresh mozzarella cheese. Cheese garlic bread & sauteed shrimp (in garlic & butter, of course) rounded out this lovely dinner, with ice cream cake to finish it off. My girls gave me a gift certificate for my favorite Greek restaurant, a gift set full of spa stuff, a magazine & a totally beautiful Mother's Day Card that was long & hard for me to read through my tears..............all my girls are awesome..........and really made my heart swell even more with the love & pride I've always held for these beautiful creatures.

At touching moments like this I really wonder where they came from & how I was so lucky to be their Mom. They are rays of sunshine in our lives and moments like these definitely outshine the not so pleasant moments all parents & kids go through. Times like these are treasured and definitely remind us how awarding parenting is..........

Think I'll sign off here.........shouldn't have reread the card again........tears are threatening to take over. Must call Princess Pouty and thank her again for last night........and call Princess Grace to see if she'll be home for dinner tonight. Princess Sassy got someone to cover her shift at work tonight so I don't have to do any driving.........hmmm..........I think I hear the mango rum calling my name!

Miss Misery has been busy today creating a blog for her good friends that are taking off for Europe & Ireland for the next year. I'm sure they'll have wonderful adventures over there &
am looking forward to reading about them. I'm not sure when they'll be able to start writing as they have a million things to do before taking off Tuesday..........but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Miss Misery will probably explain more about it, but here's the link she gave me.

http://thebackpackers.blogspot.com

Happy trails, you two, & I hope you both have the time of your lives!! You will definitely be missed around here but everyone will be able to keep up with your adventures. Hopefully, you'll be back home before you know it...........but if you decide to stay in Ireland don't expect too much peace & quiet! I'm sure many of your friends will be saving up to head over to visit with you two...................Have a blast!!!

from Miss Misery's Mom
(& the rest of the Family too)
.............XXXXOOOO

No comments: