Friday, May 11, 2007

Dynamite Anyone????

Here it is, Friday night, and I haven't done anything more around here except 3 loads of laundry........well, I finished a book & started another one.......totally enjoying the weather
on the back deck this morning. I can't believe in 2 days off of work that I didn't accomplish more. Guess I'll be working my butt off tomorrow morning trying to get the house into shape. It's supposed to be a great weekend weather-wise........so I'd better get cracking so that my
Honey & I can try to get in some riding. There's several charity rides this weekend that I'd like to go on. (My Honey & I leaving our oldest daughter's place.....the Cool Parents, lol)



Got to go shopping with my better half today to buy a new dishwasher. Our old one was recalled due to a problem that could result in an electrical fire. Since it was going on 8 years old we opted for the $75.00 we were offered by the company involved instead of having a repairman come out to fix the problem. The dang thing was leaking badly and falling apart anyways........so now I have a lovely new one & I'm very happy that the inside is stainless steel instead of the cheap plastic that stains & retains not so lovely old food smells, lol.

Took Miss Misery to get some photos developed today after picking her up from co-op. She
needs to finish a project for the end of the month and had some great pictures from the last few outings with the members she volunteers with. I must admit that I greatly admire Miss Misery's natural abilities to be able to work with these young adults with special needs. I think that she's amazing with them and they seem to love her too. I'm very excited for her to do her college course in Social Work. I think that she'll love it and do an amazing job once she gets her diploma. Social Services will luck out in getting this gem of a young women in their midst.

Before leaving the mall, we decided to stop at the shoe store in hopes of finding a pair for Prom. No such luck today.......but Miss Misery scored a leopard/cheetah print purse and matching wedgie sandals. My, but what a fetish she has for purses..........but she doesn't ask for much. Although I don't understand the extent of her love for purses, I do occasionally try to indulge her. I do believe that she was grinning all of the way home thinking about them. Guess we'll give shoe shopping for Prom another try next week so that we can get her dress altered for them.

Well, guess I'll sign off here........gotta get some sleep so that I can get up fairly early tomorrow & tackle this house........or maybe get some tanning/reading done by the pool.....sigh......the next major overhaul will be getting a new liner for the pool........never a dull moment.

Have a good weekend everyone. Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there.......enjoy your day!!

1 comment:

j said...

If I were to pay for a shrink, then he would probably say my fetish for purses comes from not being able to indulge myself in shoes like most girls. Most girls are sold for sexy shoes, but I can't wear sexy shoes so I like cute purses.

By the way, I'm totally blushing about you gushing. That's right, living proof that I am your favourite...cause you only talk about me heheh!

Love you Mom! What til you see the surprise I've got for you for Mothers Day!