Monday, May 7, 2007

I Survived the "Big 5-0"

Hey Everyone,

I'm back & I survived the "Big 5-0" last Friday! I lucked out and had the day off work,
so my better half took me to New York for a long weekend. We left Friday, in honour of
the big day.....as well as in honour of the 1st National Female Ride Day. We rode to
Alexandria Bay where I celebrated with a couple of mango rums' on the rocks (and nothing
to eat at this point which wasn't too bright of me, lol) Since I'm the "DD" at 99.9% of any
fun stuff due to Mom's Taxi Service, I am so totally a cheap drunk (great on honey's wallet though). We had to wait in the bar for our dinner table, so naturally I had to have a drink.
I wolfed down the whole (small) bowl of popcorn that the bartender left with our drink order.
I was a good girl and managed to nurse my Long Island Ice Tea through-out the entire dinner(it's amazing that the bartender could tell I needed food, lol). After we got back to the motel
I passed on the nightcap & basically went to bed. Must have been all that fresh air during the ride........I was asleep by 10pm.

We left for Lake Placid the next morning. The mountain roads were great..........not too much traffic yet.........sunny weather but still kinda chilly. We were supposed to head further south but I mentioned that a couple of drinks & a jacuzzi would warm me up real quick.....unfortunately the only hotel at Lake Placid that was open & had a jacuzzi wanted almost
$500 US per night. I decided that I'd settle for a hot shower & some more mango rum drinks & that kind of money would go much farther if spent on other things.

Didn't get much warmer Sunday, but we both came home with great wind burns & slept like rocks after riding all day from Lake Placid to get home. We managed to stop for HOT coffee & yummy blueberry fritters for supper ~dang travel centres are way too busy to wait for a hot meal on Sunday evenings. Made it home about 9PM...........and were pleased to see that the kids saved some pizza for us..........I didn't even have to cook & made it to bed by 10pm. Although I slept very well, the morning came far too early for me! 2 more days then I have a 4 day weekend (wow, 2 long weekends in a row..........better make the most of it before management notices how my hours have been........that will be the end of long weekends, lol)

The kids were pretty good while we were gone. They managed to get some housework done for me in spite of their social obligations.........they must have been bored & missed us.......it's not too often they volunteer to do chores.......I'm lucky if they get time to do their own laundry, lol.

Anyways, Miss Misery will be home in a few minutes. I haven't seen her since Thursday, so
I'll stop here for now. I need to ask her how to add some other Stuff to my blog........haven't been around lately for her to "roll her eyes at me" when I ask dumb stuff about computers, blogging, etc. Just kidding.............she's pretty patient with me.......even if she explains things to me far too fast for this old, un-technological mind to keep up with....ha ha.

1 comment:

j said...

You get to have all the fun! LOL! I'm glad you had a good weekend Mom. Wow, you went a long time without seeing my gorgeous eyes rolling eh? Don't worry, I'll make up for it!