Sunday, May 27, 2007

Time Flies..........

Here it is......May 27th.........I can't believe this month is gone ~ I can't believe that tomorrow my baby, Princess Sassy, turns 15!! We had a lovely family get-together today at the Grandparents home. My niece, Karen Rani, came down Saturday to visit them over the weekend. My oldest, Princess McPout (previously known as Princess Pouty in my posts) also went down yesterday & had a great time catching up with her cousing till the wee hours of the morning. I didn't go until
noon today....after returning one of Princess Sassy's friends home & picking up Princess McPout's fiance so that they wouldn't have to bring 2 vehicles back home tonight.

Should have gone down yesterday, but instead, I spent a lovely day out with Miss Misery, her b/f Nifty & his Mom. Started out a bit upset with the fact that her dress was not ready as promised. It's to be ready Monday instead....& it
better be there when we go tomorrow afternoon to pick it up. More importantly, it
better fit just right or she'll/we'll be quite upset. Nifty lucked out & quickly picked out a stylin' suit & shirt for the Prom which will be ready Monday as well.
We went out for a great lunch at Boston Pizza, then hit Tim's for coffee & spent some time talking together. After dropping Nifty off for work, we hit our favorite store to pick up a couple of ties for him to choose between for the Prom. Hopefully, one of the two we picked will go well with the dress & that he'll like them.
Anyways, back to tonight's wonderful dinner! It was an impromptu birthday party for Princess Sassy. She received some nice cards & gifts & enjoyed her birthday cake. Her sisters & cousin ordered it at the bakery & they naturally had the bakery folks think twice while doing the cake. Today they chose the saying "Happy Birthday ButtHead". The poor woman even came back out front to ask them how to spell it!!
Last month, the same parties in question ordered a cake for Princess Grace's b'day.
On that one they requested "Happy Birthday Dorkface" & received quite a look from the lady who was to prepare their order. Fortunately, it was ordered in a different town. Miss Misery's b'day is in June.........I'm rather dreading what they'll come up with for her.........Oh, Sisterly Love, LOL. Thank goodness they didn't come up with a name to add on behalf of my birthday. "Mom" has worked fine with me for all these years.

I probably won't be on top of my posts for the next week or so. Dad is going in for surgery Wednesday morning so I'll be out of town to stay with Mom. Not sure when he'll be home........hence another good reason we chose to get together this weekend at their place to bug them, lol. Going to be hectic.......still need to pick up some stuff to celebrate Princess Sassy's special day tomorrow. Also need to pick up Miss Misery's dress for Prom, as well as her prom tickets, for Friday night. (Sigh)
so much to do so little time.......probably a line most moms relate to for their entire life, ha ha ha.

Mom & Dad were on a cruise when I had my birthday. They gave me some lovely presents, and Mom picked out an amazing card that actually brought tears to my eyes!
I told my husband that his Mom & Dad really love me & they love me better than they love him, lol. That got all of them laughing for a while!!

So......on that note I'll sign off for now. The girls are kinda worried about their
Papa this week.....but I keep telling them to stay positive. Stuff happens when you get older & hopefully their Papa will be just fine & feeling much better than he has
been lately. I've been so fortunate with them.......(they are my husband's parents).
I'm proud to say that I have the In~Laws.............NOT the out~laws!!!!

1 comment:

j said...

Dylan actually came out with a good one for mine. I think it was "Happy Birthday Sass Ass" or something like that. I thought it was funny, but informed him that because I now knew about it, it couldn't be used. It spoiled his mood lol.

It was a nice evening, and good seeing the cousins. I will try to stay positive.