Sunday, June 10, 2007

What Day Is It???

Hmm, I can't believe it's June 10th already. Miss Misery's birthday is coming up on Friday & I haven't even had time to think about it. We've been going to Kingston daily to visit Dad. I'm at the point now that every time I sit down I reach for my seatbelt...lol. The drive to Kingston usually takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours each way. I think I can do it in my sleep now ~ it seems that I just have left home & in a blink of an eye I need to get off the highway at the next exit 'cause we're already in Kingston....that's a scary thought that the trip seems to only take a few minutes now.
Dad's in pretty good spirits all considering. He still has his wonderful sense of humour & definitely appreciates how hard the nurses work to take care of their patients. For every step forward he takes, it seems that he takes a step back. Thank goodness he's starting to get his appetite back but he still is quite weak. We thought he'd be home by now.....even his doctor thought he'd be home. It was rather humorous that the doctor was in on Friday to check on him. After assessing how his nights have been his words to Dad were "I'm going away for the weekend, but you're not".
It seems that they're having some trouble regulating Dad's heartbeat, along with the fact that his lungs haven't fully expanded yet. He's been up walking a bit but is taking it too fast. Dad definitely doesn't know the meaning of slow down & take it easy! It's hard on all of us to see him so tired. He's back on oxygen again which is a concern but he sure brightens up when we come to visit. Miss Misery & Princess Sassy went Saturday to visit him with their Dad & Granny.......I got the day off for good behavior, lmao, but missed him. Today Granny & I took Miss Misery with us to see him. Princess McPout & Princess Grace & their other halves were there when we arrived. We definitely tired Dad out so hopefully he'll sleep some tonight. He never seems to sleep much at night.....kinda runs in his side of the family. Even with a sleeping pill he was awake most of the night.
Well, I must hit the hay so that I'm bright-eyed & bushy-tailed to head back out there in the morning. I hope Dad gets home within the week but I also hope he gets more practice getting in & out of bed before I'm in charge of helping him, lol. It's kinda awkward helping when you're not sure if you're hurting him. Will keep you posted.....
Have a great week everyone,

No comments: