Saturday, June 16, 2007

~Back Home Again~

Hurray!! Brought Dad home Monday evening from his triple by-pass June 1st. He's glad to be home but is still quite tired & kind of weak. Mom is sure happy to be home again, though she misses our place. Between the kids & pets the craziness helps her stay sane...........or is that supposed to be crazy......

I got home late last night (Miss Misery's birthday) so now have to catch up on housework & gardening before I go back to work Monday morning. The pets all sure
missed me & it was nice to be back again.

We had an impromptu birthday party at Granny & Papa's for Miss Misery, and also celebrated Father's Day early for her Dad & Papa. That way we figured that we'd only drive him bonkers & tire him out once this weekend instead of twice....don't think he could put up with the gang twice in a row at this point in his recovery.
I'm sure going to miss them as I've been with them everyday for the past 3 weeks....but I have to get back to work. I just hope that Dad keeps improving everyday and that Mom just takes it easy. Miss Misery is going to spend the next few days with them before she starts her summer job. I don't know who's looking forward to that more........Miss Misery or her Grandparents. Guess she'll be competing/comparing surgery stories with her Papa (may the best scars win, lol).
Papa has her beat in the "staple" department, however, as she hasn't had them yet.

Must sign off now as I definitely need some sleep. We plan on riding down to see
Mom & Dad tomorrow for Father's Day & to see how he's doing (great excuse for a ride, lol). Hope everyone has a great weekend & a good week.

1 comment:

j said...

I reject the idea of staples. Don't know how they help out, can't see it working. Papa and I didn't debate much on past surgeries, I got the impression he was sick of hearing about it (Granny does tend to give people play by plays of Papa's day by day and mood etc when someone calls and you can tell he's frustrated by it, bless Granny though for caring so much lol).

Papa will be out of sorts for some time now. I read that this is common with heart surgery.